Thursday, May 28, 2009

The baby in Mommy's Tummy


I thought I would dedicate a post to the new baby. Here I am showing off my very pregnant belly.

Abigail and Olivia draw many pictures every day. Lately they have been drawing pictures of Mommy with a baby in her tummy. This is Abigail's rendition of me:
Here is Olivia's rendition (she made sure to point out the really cute hair):
I love that the baby is floating right under my chin. It feels like that some days...

The cutest thing that happened was when Zenna came up to me the other day insisting on seeing my belly button. She is at that age where the belly button is a very important part of everyone's anatomy. When I showed her, she poked my belly and said, "It's a brudder! Wight in dere!" I thought that was cute, cause she'd seen her sisters do that. Then she thought for a minute and put her eye up close to my belly button and said, "I see him?" She tried to clean my button out with her finger so she could get a better view, but she never caught a glimpse. I told her she'd have to wait until the baby came out to see it.

Abigail and Olivia get really interested once in a while. About a week ago, they both came up to me and spontaneously started rubbing my belly. They had such a twinkle in their eyes, and they started chanting, "It's our brother, it's our brother." I thought maybe they were having visions and premonitions that I should heed. But, yesterday they were talking about how cute the new baby will be, and therefor it must be a girl. I asked, "What if it's a boy?" they replied that we'd get a boy next time. This time it's a girl. So... we know nothing.

I am 36 weeks... after June 3rd I am 37 weeks, and can go at any time. We are so excited!!

1 comment:

  1. You look great Adrienne! I know you might not think it, but you do. Those pictures are cute too. Tell Joe great job on the harvester...hopefully you guys will get to see more of him when it is completed.

    ReplyDelete

hit counter