Saturday, December 12, 2009

Life

This is a story that doesn't include pictures. Sorry. I still need to post about Abigail's birthday, and the Christmas decor, and all those things. But I am putting it off to tell you a story, that will tell you a lot about my life lately.

Yesterday at 4:30 I showered to get ready for the evening. I curled my hair, and carefully chose my outfit. A sweater and blouse with khaki pants. This evening was special. The regular option of pink lounge pants, or black yoga pants was out of the questions. I put on my sparkly earrings (the really expensive ones the DH gave me for Christmas last year). While putting my make-up on, I decided that tonight was the night for Strike-a-pose Rose. I have been hoarding my last Mary Kay sample of my favorite shade for a special occasion. This was it! I was pleased with the results, with only a very small sigh for my pre-baby body. Then, I remembered that I forgot to brush my teeth! Dilemma! I had NO MORE lipstick... So, I grabbed a stick of gum.

Then we went to the Ward Christmas Party. I delivered my ham and Mormon Potatoes (I heard a rumor that those have made it into a recent Jewish Cookbook, under that name...) We got all the kids in a pic with Santa, and ate our ham and potatoes and green salad and rolls with much relish. At least I did, and it was great to see the kids polish of their dinner, and realize how many dishes I didn't have to do as a result!

Then came the program! I found out when I got there that they needed me to lead the entire group in Christmas carols. Did that, and then Joe and I sang the closing number, Silent Night. We sang a Capella, and there was one part I always messed up. I hit that square! But, of course, unintentionally rewrote two measures in the third verse. Overall, it went well though. I think it was the lip stick.

We came home, got the kids in bed, and I had to go to the grocery store. Then came home to watch It's a Wonderful Life while I embroidered for Christmas. But, I couldn't even see straight after the store, so we just snuggled up to watch a movie (the first movie night in 2 weeks!)

The End.

Well, until this morning. When I told the girls that we have a baby-sitter coming tonight, they misunderstood. They thought I said we have a baby sister coming tonight. I had to stop their joyful prancing and correct them. Heaven help me! I love babies, but if I had a baby tonight, I think I would have a mental breakdown!

1 comment:

  1. I think I needed your lipstick for our ward Christmas party!

    What a lovely story - even the end!

    ReplyDelete

hit counter