Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bunk Beds!


Last week I set up the bunk beds that Mom and Dad gave us when they got a new bed and all the beds moved down. These are the bunk beds Hilary and I had a teenagers, and if I remember right, we put them together when we got them. So, when I discovered that after three moves, we had lost the hardware to put it together, I was able to figure out the bolts we needed. The girls and I took a long trip to find the right bolts and one mattress. Mom and Dad gave us the other one.

After hitting a few retail stores that don't sell mattresses for less than $100, and hitting 4 thrift stores that didn't have any twin mattresses, or they were selling them for $50... we found the perfect mattress for $15! We brought it home and put the whole thing together!

They spent the entire first day in their beds. The house was very quiet that day. I have to say I got a lot done that stayed done since they didn't leave their bedroom. Abigail even requested to take a nap! The second day, Olivia got brave enough to climb up to the top bunk. She wanted me to put her up there. Besides the fact that I am almost 9 months pregnant and can't lift a 40 pound kid four feet in the air... I told that it wasn't safe for her be up if she couldn't get down by her self. So, after a few trips up and down the bottom two rungs of the ladder, she made it to the top. Then she went up and down freely!

Now that it's been over a week they are settling down. They went to bed at 11 o'clock for the first week. They just stayed in there playing forever. Once things calm down, Zenna will get to sleep in with them in a toddler bed. She loves the "big girl bed" but I think she still feels more comfortable in her crib. She always reminds me that she wants to sleep in the "cwib" in "Zenna's Woom."

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter