Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Milestones this week

I can't believe how fast the girls are growing up! They are so much fun, and we just love seeing them grow!

Abigail is "too big to take naps." So, as you see... she will never lay in her bed at a regular naptime, but about twice a week she will get her blankie and lay down on the couch. Not to go to sleep, of course. So, actually this week Abigail has NOT reached the milestone of no afternoon nap. But she did learn to write a lowercase "g" today. She still doesn't understand that in order for anyone else to read her name, she must put all the letters in a row. Instead she writes all the letters of her name randomly all over the page over and over. But, we are still working on it. I am definitely a novice home-school mom. :)


Olivia has reached an important milestone this week. She can now completely self-dress! Here she is in her purple flower jammies that she put on all by herself! She can take off her shirts all by herself, put on her footie jammies by herself, and tuck the lining back into her shoes to put them on by herself. I am so proud of her, and so relieved. With two who can totally self-dress, life is a little easier now. :)


Zenna learned this week how to go up and down the stairs by herself. She had never even tried before. We never had to put up a gate or anything, because she never even tried to go down. I found out she could do it herself when I left her blankie upstairs. We were going to see Joe at the shop for lunch, and I told her she had to leave blankie at home. When I was getting the other kids in the car, Zenna disappeared. Pretty soon I saw her coming down the stairs by herself, blankie in tow. Nothing could move her to try, except blankie... If only I had the same power. I decided if she was determined enough to brave the stairs, I would let her take blankie on our trip.

1 comment:

  1. My word! They really are growing up fast aren't they. I love them so much-and can't wait to see you all soon. -Hilary

    ReplyDelete

hit counter