Monday, September 21, 2009

Got White Trash?

Our front yard has been a picture of white trash for the past 2 years.

Overgrown bushes? Check!
Can't see the house? Check!
Weeds? Check!
Dead car that hasn't run for over a year parked in front of the house? Check!!

Well, we are slowing making the transformation from white trash to suburbian normalcy. Joe has cut down four trees, pulled out three giant Pfitzer Junipers, and we just towed off the dead car. While my weeding is not yet under complete control, and my roses need to be trimmed, we are improving our yard.

The problem now is that with so much space in the front, we have to plant something new... and considering my record for yard upkeep, what to do? Is it WT to have grass all the way up to the house? At least you can see the house...

5 comments:

  1. I want a picture! :)

    Hydrangeas are always a good idea- I'm assuming it rains a lot there! The hydrangeas did great in Salem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am going to drive by your house to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want pictures too!!

    I know how you feel though. I just got Nate to move the toliet off the porch last night. It had been sitting there all weekend. I don't think it is bad to be WT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we had a yard of our own I think I would need just a big patch of dirt in the back yard. My kids would play in it all day. They love to play in the common ground area around our condo, digging up stuff and searching the bushes for bears. ;)

    ReplyDelete

hit counter