Monday, September 21, 2009

We love homeschool!

The biggest event of my life lately is that we started homeschooling at the beginning of September. We have always planned to do this, and decided this is our year to begin! Abigail will be 5 in November, so her kindergarten year is next year. I decided that if I get a year head start, I will be in a good routine, and not feel overwhelmed the year it "really counts."

I am writing my own curriculum, and I am combining the standards for preschool and kindergarten outlined in the Utah State Core Curriculum (the one I can most readily find, and am most familiar with). We spend about 2 hours per day, four days a week. Friday is Library day, and the day I plan my lessons for the next week or so.

The girls are having so much fun! Every night before bed, they ask me what we will learn about tomorrow. They are so excited about everything we do. While I don't kid myself that this will last forever, it is an encouraging beginning.

Here are some pictures of our activities last week.

Working on assignments

Our art project this week:
This was part of our "bugs" lesson

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Adrianne! They look like they are having so much fun! You are an inspiration to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome they are so excited to learn! hope it keeps up as they get older! :)

    ReplyDelete

hit counter