Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Matchmaker, Matchmaker



We decided to watch Fiddler on the Roof as a family on a Sunday afternoon. The girls were captivated. After the movie was over, Abigail wanted to be married. This is her version of the Jewish wedding dress. The Orange blossoms circling her head, the veil, the dress... even shoes.
She is trying to convince Olivia (who is pretending to be her daughter) to marry her. Oh the innocence of children. Not realizing how totally unnatural their pretend affections are.

The next day, I was missing several pillowcases and a few small blankets. I found the girls hanging them out to dry and singing "Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match..."

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I can picture little girls hanging their wash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. Thanks for the idea, I bet my kids would love Fiddler on the roof. They love musicals. One of their favorites is Hello Dolly. Preston use to ask all the time to watch the "woman" movie-( It takes a woman...).

    ReplyDelete

hit counter