Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Phoebe

Phoebe is exactly what I needed right now... a mellow baby. Of course, all my babies but Abigail have been mellow, but she's keeping up the trend. The Lord knew exactly how to hand that situation, and luckily, it's the way I wanted too. Here is her on her blessing day. The picture of love and innocence in the dress that Grandma Wilson made for my girls.

Phoebe is a thumb sucker. Since she was newborn, she would suck on her fist, but always kept her thumb tucked under her index finger. Within the last few weeks she has been able to suck her thumb consistently. Zenna has a thumb-suckin' buddy!

This is Phoebe with her best friends, the dangly toys. She smiles and coos at them every time she sees them. They buy me lots of time as I prepare meals. Now if I can only get her to smile and coo at me as much as she smiles and coos at her toys...

The only trouble we have with Phoebe is that from sad experience, she cries whenever a sister comes in her view. So, when I am not holding her, she attends me in her carseat on the kitchen counter, out of reach.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, we need to hear about the sad experience...you can't leave us hanging! When Trevor was a baby he was in the living room in his bassinet. I was getting a load of laundry together and asked Andrew to get the blanket of Trevors that needed to be washed, which was in the living room. He proudly comes to me carrying not the blanket that I was thinking of...Trevor had been swaddled in the one he brought me! I freaked out and looked around the corner...the bassinet was tipped over and Trevor was laying there quietly on the floor. All I can think is that angels padded his fall. I learned quickly after that that you can't even walk around a corner for a minute or two or the little helpers will attack!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's sad she cries when her sisters come near! I have a cousin-in-law who also has little girls and her 3rd one was always screaming in pictures as a baby, then she outgrew it, and now her 4th has taken over. Something about scary big sisters!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

hit counter