Monday, November 16, 2009

Things I am thankful for.

Today I have a full heart, and have been thinking of random things I am thankful for, and thought that I should post.

In no particular order:
  • Laundry baskets. I think I have 15 in my house. They are so useful! Hampers, laundry carriers, toy boxes, toy cars, toy trains, kitty cages, suitcases, random stuff collectors, dirty diaper carriers... I love laundry baskets.
  • Polka dots. Zenna has a favorite outfit that is pink with lots of polka dots. In fact, we have two of the same outfit (from two different hand-me-downs). Whenever she puts it on, she says, "Look! I have spots!"
  • Machines. Dishwashing machine. Clothes washing machine. Vacuuming machine. Carpet cleaning machine. Clothes drying machine. Sewing machine. What a marvelous modern world we live in!
  • Homeschool. Must confess that every day it is not so so fun to prepare and execute an hour or two of lessons, but I am grateful for the chance it gives me to be the mom I want to be.
  • Toothless grins. Phoebe's smile makes me happy, and even more happy is the fact that she still has no teeth!
  • little thank-you's. Olivia is very good at thanking me specifically for small things. Like today: "Thank you for cleaning my room mommy... I love to have a clean room!"
  • Big Girl Birthdays. Abigail is turning 5 tomorrow. We have discovered that this gives us a lot of leverage: 5-year olds don't carry around ratty blankets, or whine, or leave food on their plate, or refuse to clean up their rooms. Abigail has been preparing herself for this very important day. (She is the one who came up all these things that 5-year-olds don't do.)
  • Help. My MIL came over today to help me get my house back in order. It is wonderful!
  • My Animal Diversity Professor. He taught us all about Toxoplasmosis and its dangers. He made us all promise that we women would never change a cat litter box while in our childbearing years, and made the men promise they would never let their wives change a cat box. This is a threat we take very seriously at our house. ;) thanks Joe!

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful list. We definitely love most of these things, especially laundry baskets and machines. I can't imagine doing all the laundry by hand these days. I look forward to the days of big girl birthdays, too, though we're trying to enjoy every day up till then, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You home-school your kids? wow! How long will you Home -school them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so is there a reason you need Joe to change the litter box??? LOL...I'm teasing-I did read your last post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No announcement... I just refuse to change the litter box until I am like 50.

    ReplyDelete

hit counter